For that you need very little equipment.
- pin heads
- 40 pin IC base(i didn't get a 40 pin so i used a 42 pin)
- a 7805 voltage regulator
- crystal (11.0592Mhz or 12.0Mhz as per your requirement)
- 10kohm resistor
- 10kohm resistor 9 pin array
- 10uF electrolytic capacitor
- 33pF disc capacitors
- some connecting wires
- a special PCB that consists of all row holes will be connected
PROCEDUREfirst take a PCB with all its row holes connected as shown in the figure
Connection of external ceramic crystal to the AT89S51
arrange all the components as shown in the figure below. step by step
place the 40 pin IC base(i used 42 pin as 40 pin is out of stock)
your home made prototyping board for AT89S51.
for programing the MCU you need a separate ISP programmer.
so many of them are available in the market.
if you use P89V51RD2 microcontroller you just need a max232 IC and a serial cable to program it